Virginia State Government Registered Nurse Supervisor (Evening Shift) in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of a Registered Nurse Supervisor for the Evening Shift.
Reporting directly to the RN Manager I / RNC, or Administrator, duties and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Ability to assess the Allocation of Nursing Resources.
- Ability to plan Strategies to Meet Patient Care and Nursing Standards.
- Continuously maintains monitoring of, seclusion / restraint, aggression / peer-to-peer events, falls, dehydration, choking/aspiration/pneumonia, medication variances and pressure ulcers.
- Knowledge of the Accreditation and Compliance process (i.e. TJC and CMS).
- Assists unit RNC on development and completion of all POCs within defined timelines, ensuring timely collection of Credible Evidence and systems established are maintained.
- Responsible for establishing patient plane of care with expected outcomes for planned nursing interventions.
- Provide direct patient care.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
- Registered nursing licensure or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Demonstrated experience providing comprehensive person-centered nursing care to individuals and groups with complex mental and physical illnesses.
- Skilled in the use of technology, software, and resources to assist and aid in the course of daily health care responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience managing assigned shifts including supervision of nursing services.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct audits on Seclusion / Restraint events within 24 hours of event and report outcome to RNC.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direct care utilizing the principles of medical / psychiatric nursing and concepts from selected nursing and other theories.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure accurate monitoring of Seclusion / Restraint, Aggression / Peer to Peer, Falls, Dehydration and Choking / Aspiration events.
- Demonstrated ability to review medication variances and report to manager when they occur.
- Demonstrated ability to review the occurrences of Pressure Ulcers and ensure that skin care and preventive measures are maintained or initiated.
- Demonstrated ability to review Bowel Management and assess for related risks and document the plan of care initiated.
- Demonstrated ability to assist and participate in the survey process as it relates to accreditation and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in maintaining staff education on The Joint Commission and CMS standards.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in the orientation, in-services and continuing education of all nursing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in psychiatry and/or geriatric patient populations.
- Experience with supervision.
- Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
- Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
- A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date.”
- Applicants who list “see resume” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
- Eastern State Hospital conducts background checks on candidate(s) identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
- Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: Registered Nurse Supervisor (Evening Shift)
Role Title: Rn II/Nurse Prct I/Phy Asst - 49113
Job Open Date: 04/13/2018
Job Close Date: 04/27/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $57,508 - $69,451
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 01265
Job Posting Number: 1036735
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 05