Northrop Grumman Logistics Planner 4 in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Logistics Planner 4
Requisition ID: 18007943
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist to join our team of professionals supporting the acquisition, delivery, and life-cycle support of the Integrated Voice Communications System (IVCS). IVCS is a
shipboard voice distribution system providing administrative and tactical voice communications for AEGIS Cruiser (CG 47 Class) and Destroyer (DDG 51 Class) ships. Logistics support is required at the SSC Charleston, SC, and SSC Norfolk, VA, but will entail travel to, and support at, various locations within the continental United States. This support requires knowledge, experience, and capabilities in
all aspects of the IVCS system hardware and in functions of system acquisition, testing, delivery, retrofit, and life-cycle support. Support required will involve items that are planned for development, are under development, are in production,
or are being procured from other government agents and/or procured as Commercial Items/Non-Developmental Items (CI/NDI). The support will require an understanding of the systems acquisition process, the shipbuilding and delivery process, and the equipment life-cycle support process. Support requires sound acquisition and ILS experience.
Specific ILS experience and knowledge required will include:
1. ILS planning efforts including ILS support for administrative, facilities, technical, engineering interface, planning and documentation logistics support functions.
2. ILS Design Interface efforts including configuration management support, Human Engineering support, and/or systems/ships interface, integration, analysis, and documentation.
3. Develop, provide, review, and/or analyze supply support documentation including Provisioning Technical Documentation (PTD), spare parts (provisioning) documentation and recommendations, and system allowance lists (APL & COSAL).
4. Produce ILS Certification packages in SHIPMAIN NAVSEA Data Environment (NDE).
5. Updated ships configuration files in Configuration Data Managers’ Database Open Architecture (CDMD-OA) and Afloat Master Planning System (AMPS)
6. Support development of Navy Training Systems Plans (NTSP)
The ILS Specialist analyzes technical data and reports to determine spares and support equipment provisioning requirements. Formulates specific recommendations for spare/repair parts and support equipment. Manages and controls the asset position of customer inventories. May originate support plans for offer to potential customers and provide technical assistance to existing customer personnel. May forecast and manage budget systems.
Possess high school degree or equivalent with 10 years of experience, plus an accredited Trade School diploma, scientific or technicalAssociate Degree, or related Armed Forces school (OR an additional two (2) years of relevant experience) plus three (3)years of work experience with surface Navy ILS processes across the system life-cycle from development to operationalstatus. Possess in-depth knowledge of Fleet maintenance requirements and processes.
Secret clearance required.
ILS experience with IVCS
ILS experience with Navy Interior Communications (IC) systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Logistics Planner 4
Location: Virginia-Virginia Beach
Requisition ID: 18007943