Continental Corporation Program Manager : Low Pressure Gasoline Fuel Injector in Newport News, Virginia
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID 93326BR
Job Title Program Manager : Low Pressure Gasoline Fuel Injector
Country United States
Posting Location Newport News, VA
Program Manager -- Low Pressure Fuel Injectors
In the role you will drive future development of products and opportunities of introducing products at specific customers or markets. Promote continuous improvement. Contributes to the product family roadmap.
• Ensure proper installation and use of appropriate project management methods such as configuration, risk, quality, and claim management as well as requirements engineering processes and acquisition process according to company standards
• Manages change requests (customer induced or internal)
• Responsible to achieve product family profitability targets (spending, implementation of savings, price changes in case of customer induced changes incl. volume changes, project budget fulfillment)
• Manages all project related costs (planning and controlling of R&D costs, project related capital expenditures, reimbursements) incl. change management and project determined process development
• Direct lead of injector project managers relevant to own product family. Local indirect lead of project managers for a parallel product family (if applicable).
• Sets targets for directly assigned employee’s and Drives HRD process.
• Supervises all projects related to product and production process development, industrialization and series production (G20 – G100) including localization.
• Represents the PL during the quote process in accordance with the product strategy. PL release responsible at ADQ2.
• Responsible for product management during the production phase, i.e. steers cost reduction process and other comprehensive improvement measures e.g. for quality or yield.
• Responsible for all aspects of Project Management of all worldwide product family activities including all aspects of project timing and deliverables and product/process integrity from development to customer returns
• Responsible to coordinate activities of engineering, manufacturing planning, purchasing and quality.
• Request tasks ontime delivery, monitor phase gates.
• Acts as the entrepreneur for the product family and is a competent and committed interface to the customer constantly seeking for customer satisfaction.
• Acts as the product line's customer interface for first level escalations.
• Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field and 7 years of automotive project management or 14 years of automotive project manager experience
• Project management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to work across the organization
• Strong MS office suite skills
• Ability to travel
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Visa sponsorship for Continental employees only
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.