SMG Ticket.Seller/Taker in Hampton, Virginia
Sells /Collects tickets or issues Will Call tickets for public and private events held at the Hampton Roads Convention Center or any other designated facility as necessitated by promoters renting the facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Dealing courteously with the public face-to-face;
- Provides information to the public regarding tickets and facility;
- Assists customers with ticketing issues and complaint resolution;
- Maintains a professional and polite relationship with co-workers, clients, and the public;
- Maintains work area in a professional, neat and clean manner;
- Assists Box Office staff with any additional duties;
- Adheres to Box Office policy and procedures.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Skilled in communicating with the public.
- Ability to make rational decisions and assist customers with problem solving;
- Available nights, weekends, and holidays;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be prompt for scheduled shift.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduation from high school or successful completion of GED.
- A minimum of six consecutive month's cash handling experience if Seller required.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
Work is scheduled based on the needs of promoters renting the facilities. Shifts will be scheduled at a minimum of four (4) hours per event day. There is no guarantee of hours on a weekly basis
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Paula Scippio Hampton Roads Convention Center 1610 Coliseum Drive Hampton, VA 23666
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled