SMG Operations/Housekeeping Worker in Hampton, Virginia
This is a part time on call position performing routine housekeeping and changeover tasks on an as needed basis. There is no regular schedule. Most work is performed in public spaces with exposure to the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform housekeeping tasks not limited to dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, rest room cleaning, trash removal, carpet extraction, and glass cleaning
- Perform light maintenance repairs to event setup and cleaning equipment using hand and power tools
- Operate forklifts, scissor, vertical, and boom lifts, golf carts, and other motorized vehicles once properly
Work is performed in a fast paced environment requiring multi-tasking and overlapping deadlines. Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Must have the ability to walk extended distances and climb stairs. Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 - 75 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School or equivalence diploma
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work, days, evenings, nights, Holidays, and weekends as required
- Mechanical aptitude helpful
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Paula Scippio Hampton Roads Convention Center 1610 Coliseum Drive Hampton, VA 23666
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled